Friday, October 11, 2013

a few bad apples

Why are people so quick to blame others instead of looking in a mirror? I have read so many articles about how all doctor's are nothing but money hungry puppets of Big Pharma, shoving meds down peoples throats just to get them out the door. This may be true, but this is what we as a society have created. We are so quick to take to a doctor to court over the smallest thing that it's no wonder they have to order every test and prescribe every medicine to cover themselves. According to a Harvard study, 40% of medical malpractice lawsuits are groundless. ( http://www.nbcnews.com/id/12723303/ns/health-health_care/t/many-medical-malpractice-cases-groundless/#.UlhEkhDwB9k ) We as a society don't want to take the time and effort of letting our bodies heal naturally, we want a quick fix so we can go back to shoving McDonald's down our throats. Doctor's are meant to be a supplemental tool in the care of our bodies. We need to take more responsibility for our health, take better care of ourselves, researching what our options are, trying to heal naturally and if that doesn't work, using the doctor as a 2nd or 3rd resort instead of running to them every time we get a sniffle or sore throat. I'll be the first to admit I spent most of my adult life so far being that person, going in and pretty much telling the Dr/NP that I had a cold and wanted meds. They would perform a cursory exam and give me what I wanted. Now I have a very weak immune system and am having to pay the price. But I am not blaming the doctor's for doing exactly what I asked them to. Take some responsibility, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment