Wednesday, October 2, 2013

a very fine line

I am happy to report that my chest has been without issue for the past couple days, but the sinus pressure and pain in my face and ears remain unabated. I had problems sleeping last night because my joints hurt so badly. And my energy levels are still very low; I got incredibly frustrated yesterday because a simple chore of vacuuming my apartment took twice as long because I had to keep stopping to rest. I've been good about taking my multi-vitamin and staying away from soda, so I can't explain the symptoms other than my body is still fighting off the plague.

Since I woke up so early with joint pain, I took another epsom salt bath, and whether it was the salt or hot water it seemed to help so I was able to get a couple more hours of sleep. All my containers were full so I couldn't save the water this time. As I was running my errands I was INCREDIBLY AWESOME and managed to drive past the Taco Bell without stopping on my way to the Fresh Market and instead had a banana and a bottle of kombucha to last me until I got home to a bowl of my homemade soup. I picked up a handheld juicer at Wal-mart so now I am sipping on a glass of water with fresh squeezed lemon juice, not the bottled stuff. Research shows that it does make a difference, so we shall see if it helps. As I was checking the mail I saw that my pool and fitness center for the complex are under renovations, so those avenues of exercise are out.

I was looking around the interwebs trying to find the recipe I used for the homemade laundry soap, first going through my prepper websites and then my green sites. I discovered that I am, sadly, caught between the two worlds of prepping and eco-friendly. You'd think they would be one and the same, but in some ways they really aren't. One of the basic tenets of prepping is to have a large food supply, mostly canned soups and veggies, pastas, etc. But of lot of the stuff they recommend prepping has a lot of preservatives, GMOs, and a high salt content, due to it's nature of being very shelf sustainable. But when you look into the ecofriendly side, a lot of the idealogy seems to be fresh fruit, fresh veggies, raw milk, etc. Which as a prepper you should have a garden, undoubtedly, but there is always the backup in case you have a bad crop or something. So I guess for now I shall walk to line between eco and prep, using my conscience and wallet to guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment